Chapter 8

Dear Diary,
Today when Ralph and the others came back they were talking about the beastie. And in my mind I was thinking not Ralph too. They were telling me that it had teeth and bid black eyes. Soon after Jack called for an assembly over an argument that Jack and Ralph had. Jack's words in the meeting were very misguided. Ralph was talking bad about Jack's hunters. But not how Jack explained it to the assembly. Then he said wanted to be chief because he thinks that Ralph is not good enough and he's a coward. then no one agree with him so he ran off. Shortly after I stood up with the conch preaching that we don't need Jack. There's other hunters besides him. I am still stunned about the beast being real it we have to take matters in our own hands and stay close to the platform. And now we cant start to decide on what's what. I suggested to have a fire down were we are instead of having it on the mountain. It saves time. Everyone else agreed. After that I felt like I had so much power because the simplest idea I had that gained the greatest.  We built a pyramid of leaves and twigs, branches and logs, on the bare sand by the platform. I  himself removed one glass, knelt down and focused the sun on the wood. Soon there was a ceiling of smoke and a bush of yellow flame. But is died down.  We needed a different person to tent the fire but we couldn't find them. Ralph and I was playing on the sand and we heard the others . They were having a feast on the other side. They wanted to invite us. We had another meeting about the fire. Ralph was talking about fire is the most important thing to get off this island.

I felt like my wish came true. With Jack being gone we finally focus on getting of this island instead of hunting for meat all the time. And I feel like I have this type of power when I talk in the meetings which I didn't have before.

I think what's going to happen is that Ralph and I with the others are going to set the small fire. And we going to have less problems now with him gone. I think everything is going to start off with the right foot

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 3 Huts on the beach

Symbols

Chapter 12